01 May 2009

Place

Well, for those of you that aren't in the preservation field, you may not realize that May is Preservation Month. Since I work at a historic site, the topic of place is very important to us and the theme of 'This Place Matters' fits our mission perfectly. Our site is featured in a great Flickr pool of historic sites (that I found includes one of my favorite structures outside of my hometown too). I encourage you all to find a place that matters to you this month, take your own picture, and submit it for inclusion.

Speaking of place, my own personal version is definitely looking a little unsightly - my lawn has sprouted its requisite garden of dandelions that definitely need to be mowed down this weekend. Especially since my neighbor decided to abandon his running year-long conviction that his lawn didn't need to be mowed. Ever. Now I'm the eyesore on our section of the block. Once this rain stops, you'd better believe I'll be out there with my rotary mower working up a sweat.

4 comments:

Janet said...

What a great project!

I think you need to make the dandelion petal sorbet:

http://thehabitofbeing.blogspot.com/2009/04/recently.html

Because when life hands you lomons...

Janet said...

I meant: lemons.

Gretchen said...

What a great idea!

Mommy, Esq. said...

I've been bugging Husband about our lawn. I mean we just put down new seed last summer and it looks all weedy again. What, you think I'm going to do it?! Ha, ha.