24 July 2009

Times when I'm thankful I have a washing machine

After years of living in D.C. in various apartments/condos without washing machines, boy was I excited to move to the Fred into a real house (okay, the house is smaller than any of my apartments ever were, but who's keeping track?). The stackable washer/dryer was one of the deciding factors. Came in really handy this morning at 5:00AM when I was awoken from a lovely sleep to one certain black cat puking all over my bed. Not just one little spot, but ALL OVER my bed.

Into the washer went the sheets/duvet/pillowcases and Trader Joe's laundry detergent with lavender essential oils and Method liquid fabric softener in fresh air scent. Now, as I've been trying to go cruelty free in my household choices, I need to do a little investigating as to whether my laundry detergent fits the bill. The label says "cruelty free" but we know that's not always the case. Method is on the list. But oh do I love the smell of both of them. Take that sheets! And speaking of sheets, right now I'm loving the organic cotton sheets sold at my local Belk that I got on super-mega sale.

Image courtesy maryjanesfarm.com

3 comments:

M said...

Oh, poor Lettie! Well, and you, too, for being woken up at 5 a.m. Hope she's okay!

T. said...

I love the TJ's laundry soap, it smells so good! Sorry about the pukey kitty...

Anonymous said...

I saw on one of these blogs once an interesting posting on making your own detergent. It looked manageable and at least you know what's in it... (gotta admit, though, it's pretty low on my list of DIY projects). But if you want to go for bulk, it could make cute gifts.