29 November 2009

Home again

Back home again after an extended trip to visit the family in west-central Maryland. This Thanksgiving was a remarkable one for its list of firsts: my first Quorn roast for the Thanksgiving table, my first Black Friday shopping excursion where I was actually out of bed at 5:00am, and my first visit to Volt.

Creamy mushroom veloute to start, goat cheese ravioli with butternut squash as an entree, and an apple tart to finish. Delightful. My parents definitely were not telling tales when they raved about this restaurant - the waitstaff is perfectly orchestrated--the plates are set upon the table in unison--and the atmosphere is laid-back modern (Chuck Taylors with suits). Didn't get pictures of the food, but here you see mom and me with big smiles.

The minute I returned home this afternoon I set up the Christmas tree and hung my front door wreath (both faux versions). The cats were awfully glad to see me. So glad in fact that they promptly curled up on the bed and took long naps. Good to be home.

3 comments:

T. said...

Lovely photo of the G ladies!! Glad to hear that you had a good TG...Volt sounds great!

M said...

Wow- you're tree is up already?? You are seriously on top of this Christmas thing...

Glad to hear you had a fab Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Tell your mom she looks great! (as do you! :))