23 March 2010

growing: the surprise hyacinth

Spring bulbs are wonderful - daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths - but I have very few in my yard. A slew of irises I inherited and this one hyacinth which came from a plant Grandma gave me on Easter that I decided to plant and see what happened (what happened is that it actually took and hopefully will appear year after year). The smell is overwhelmingly delightful.

After a little rain yesterday and the promise of a bit more today, I think the garden is enjoying the arrival of spring. I also heard yesterday from my landlord that he may consider selling the house - to me if I want it. Guess I need to do some considering, discuss a mortgage with someone, and do a little more research. It would be nice to have a yard to call my own. For real.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You are insipiring me to take pictures of our flowers! The daffodils are up and the hyacinths are almost there. Next up? The bearded irisis. I love those!

Christine said...

Cool - it would be nice to have THAT yard and house to call your own, since you've already put so much into it!! I'm loving all the flowering trees around here - gorgeous.

M said...

That's fantastic!! You could be a homeowner soon!

Janet said...

The best surprise of all! The color is so pretty too!

Today's word verification: preen (I think your hyacinth is preening)