24 November 2010

going nuts

This past month has been a bit of a whirlwind. Teaching class this semester along with my full-time job has really made it so that the last thing I want to do is something productive when I find some downtime. And that includes cooking, cleaning, or putting the laundry away. But the semester is coming to a close and I foresee some nice quiet evenings ahead of me. Perfect for teaching myself crochet and getting back into homekeeping.

I was up early this morning to bake a pie. Not too pretty this year, but I decorated it with a sugar squirrel. I was feeling a little nuts.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute! I didn't know you were teaching! Where at?

L. said...

That is adorable (and it looks delicious, too)!

JBR said...

Teaching? What and where? Sound great (and tiring).

Loved the squirrel decoration a la one of the first families of Va.

Gretchen said...

JBR - that was my inspiration!

I'm at Mary Washington doing an museum intro course. One more class to go!