23 April 2012

whirlwind weekend


I'm feeling a little meh today.  It was a whirlwind weekend and I need an extra day to get ready for the week, but sadly it is already Monday morning and a half cup of coffee just isn't doing its job.  But we did have a lovely, albeit crazy, weekend.

For one thing, we did two more wedding site visits this weekend:
~ The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond, VA:  we are looking at a reception at Amuse on the 3rd floor of the museum, a very mod-ish venue with balconies overlooking the sculpture garden and water features (no koi carp here, sadly)
~ Visitation Academy in Frederick, MD:  we would have a tented garden reception here; the site is a mid-19th century convent with great historic detailing and a location right in downtown

It wasn't all business:  during our trip to the VMFA we capped the visit with drinks on the patio overlooking one of the ponds (me:  pinot grigio, him:  espresso).  And after our visit to Visitation, we met my parents for a quick dinner at Acacia and then raced (and I mean crazy-fast driving) home so the beau could make his part-time job on time.  In considering our venues, neither site allows wedding ceremonies (one because we aren't Catholic), but we have our options figured out.  Now comes the decision-making process.  I think we'll feel so much better when we have this big decision made.

Plus, this weekend I took my first ballet class in 10+ years.  And boy was I feeling it 24 hours later!  But it was fun and I will definitely keep up with these drop-in classes at the Richmond School of Ballet as much as I can.  I may need to drop down to a lower level just to get my "sea legs" back, but it was a wonderful workout and so good to get back into dance after so long.

1 comment:

Frau S said...

I had brunch at Amuse when I was at the VMFA during my Richmond visit and the food was amazingly good. Great spot!