I have that song running through my head right now. The Bangles. Manic Monday. I'm overwhelmed already and the week hasn't even really started.
Here are my goals for this week:
1. Eliminate the piles in my office at work
2. Somehow entertain my new intern with a task that is useful to me but doesn't take a lot of my time (hard balance to strike)
3. Exercise at least twice
4. Do laundry (which I actually enjoy doing; it's the putting away that's a bother)
5. Celebrate July 4th (Fredericksburg has fireworks on the Rappahannock River as well as a raft "race" that I'm looking forward to)
6. Oil change
7. Make vet appointments for cats
8. Make eye doctor appointment for me
9. Keep my garden from dying by watering in the evenings
I find that 'to do' lists are my salvation. I especially enjoy 'to do' lists written with pretty colored gel pens. I make cute little check boxes next to each item and then get great satisfaction when I put a check mark in those little boxes. Guess I'll have to transfer these 'to dos' to my master list when I get to work...
BTW, did you know that Prince wrote the song? Huh. The wonderful things you learn (if you can trust it) from Wikipedia.