30 July 2008

Deflated

I've officially come off my vacation high. On Monday morning as I was unhappily trudging off to work, my tire pressure warning light came on when I was barely 100 yards from my house. Guess what? Two nails in my front right tire. Fun! This comes to a total of four nails since Father's Day weekend. I'm beginning to think there is either a pile of nails sitting on one of Fredericksburg's streets that I keep running into OR someone is sticking nails in my tires for fun. This is even more perplexing as I hadn't driven my car in over a week so must have picked up the nails right near my house? Hmmm...

Anyway, $15 and 1 1/2 hours later I was back on my way to work and my vacation bliss only a distant memory.

I still have great photographs to share from my week of bliss, so stay tuned!
Image courtesy myspace.com

2 comments:

T. said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful time - we all need to win the lottery so we can live at a place like that!

I think that you and Rob must be driving over the same pile of nails, because the same thing has happened to us, twice in about 6 weeks!! Such an annoying hassle!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Mommy, Esq. said...

We had similar problems since we drove by the Big Dig every day. Since they "finished" it has been better. At least you only had to patch!