02 December 2008

Pumpple Pie in Pictures

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I had a nice time hanging out with the family - did a little baking of cookies, a little drinking of wine, and a little shopping (makings of a glorious weekend if you ask me).

My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner turned out pretty darn well, if I do say so myself. I followed the recipe and voila - Pummple Pie that will be making a return visit next year if I have anything to do with it! It's now back to the daily grind of daily life, but here are some pictures from my pummple pie adventure:

It starts out with apples (some local varieties from my CSA bag)...

Then pumpkin pie goodness...

Whisked all together while the apples are simmering...

Then in go the apples into the pie crust...

Topped by the pumpkin...

Top it, and bake it...

Just the right blend of apples and pumpkin goodness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a real gift with photography! That looks straight out of a magazine!

L. said...

Please, please send me this recipe. It sounds (and looks) fantastic!

H said...

I told the kids today about Pummple pie, they were very intrigued...so you have some other 10 year old fans out there!

Janet said...

Oh yum! We didn't get pumpkin (or apple) pie this year, so I am quite jealous. Glad you had such a nice holiday! xo

miss bess said...

Wow - this looks amazing. I've never heard of Pumpple Pie!!! I gotta try this...