01 July 2009

"Mama don't like business talk with supper on the table..."

My newest obsession is with the wonderful oil-rich drama called Dallas (1978-1991). My mother often asks me about my earliest childhood memory, and I must admit that one of my first is watching the show with my parents (with me often lying on the floor under the coffee table). And could there be a better theme song? I have the first two dvds in hand and plan to spend my free time over the holiday weekend bonding with my inner Sue Ellen (man, she knew how to work a sailor dress).

Image courtesy ultimatedallas.com

6 comments:

T. said...

Ha ha!! That is awesome. I always meant to get into Dallas. Maybe I'll Netflix. Would Rob like it?

H said...

Dallas is a very happy childhood memory for me as well! I remember watching that and Falcon Crest with my great aunts on Friday nights when my parents had gone off gallavanting. (I may have also been the only ten year old in America who stayed up way past her bedtime to watch "Dynasty" on Wednesday nights.) My mother will also confuse my sister and I and will blend "Sue" and "Helen" together to make us one person- Suellen.:)

Gretchen said...

Oh it is over the top. Like Mad Men in oil country. There is secretary groping and backroom deals and all sorts of fun storylines. The "who shot JR" storyline was historical - definitely worth a try!

miss bess said...

Not kidding you, I just did a jigsaw puzzle of Larry Hagman while on vacation...

M said...

Baah, bu-bah, bu-bah-bu-bu-bu-bah, bah-bah-bah, bu-bu-bah!

That's me singing the Dallas theme. I LOVE that theme song.

Of course, its more impressive with an orchestra behind me...

Anonymous said...

I used to watch it with my dad!! I remember being in like 2nd grade when the "it was all a dream" story line came about. I was very confused. :)