08 March 2010

jar of daffodils

A whirlwind week at work. A lovely restful weekend away celebrating my mother's "44th" birthday. Now a day off to do all the chores I've been neglecting. Good thing Mother Nature ordered up a sunshiny one today - perfect for a walk to the bank(to cash in my $35 worth of coins) and to pick up a dozen eggs and maybe some bread at Bella Italia market in town (it'll be my first time checking out this new local market and I'm very excited!).

Another project today is to start my 'stock box' in the freezer. Inspired by the homemade stock of my friend Almostima and an idea in the latest VT newsletter - a place to put all the veggie scraps and use them for stock before they get composted. A win-win situation for my kitchen and garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray!

M said...

Ooh, did you love Bella Italia?? Their bread is wonderful...

Those daffodils are so pretty - are primroses in stores yet?

John R. said...

Think spring! I saw daffodils blooming in Maymont (Richmond, VA) garden on Sunday.