11 March 2011

growing: hellebores

This past week has been a bit of a whirlwind with work stuff and personal stuff.  We've had a lot of rain, which I'd normally loathe, but when rain = promise of pretty springtime flowers, well you've won me over.  Plus, it is the springtime type of rain.  Not the cold, bitter winter rain.  And that makes all the difference.

The hellebores are putting on a show in the front flower beds.  A mixture of a dusty pink variety and this bright white one with touches of blush (or is that bashful?).  Not as many as I expected, but I think some more may have popped up after the rainy days (this picture from before the rain when a few brave blooms had appeared).

This weekend promises to be fun.  Spending time with the family, pedicures and flip-flops (yes, I know we may be pushing things here, but you can't get a pedicure and then cram your toes back into shoes), and I'm sure lots of food and wine.  Happy weekend!

No comments: