15 August 2011

tending to

 
Thick, tall grass.  A sad little Ikea garden bench that has lost a majority of its back slats.  A tree that is growing way too tall and wide for its spot by the back door.

My garden needs tending to.  Almost two months of neglect (aside from the hired lawn guy).  And the sad thing is that I feel like I've lost my gardening mojo for the year.  I have no itch to plant and weed and harvest.  I want to start over again.  Plan out the garden from scratch.  With raised beds and pea gravel paths and a fence to block my view of cardboard boxes and discarded vacuums and a pickup truck that I can see in various neighbors' yards.

Don't know what to do about it.  So I do nothing.  It rained throughout the weekend, off and on with those gentle summer rains.  It made the grass sparkle and I felt a little itch to get back out there.  This evening after work perhaps.  Fingers crossed that I can get back in the groove and find a little happiness in my garden again...

1 comment:

Janet said...

I know how you feel. There's something depressing about the garden right now. Sort of brown and overgrown, despite my best efforts to keep things pruned. Well, nature has a way of helping you get your mojo back. Think cool, crisp fall days. . .