14 August 2011

settling back in

Settling back into home life this week has been a little difficult.  I went pretty directly from the UK trip to the family beach trip and have just now gotten through laundry and am mostly unpacked.  The refrigerator was a sad case - so empty - until yesterday when I picked up the latest Cub Creek Farms bag at the market.  Figs, corn, tomatoes, okra, and all sorts of other goodies.  I've been rationing the fresh figs so that I don't eat them all in one sitting.  Oh, sweet, juicy figs. I've become a bit of an addict over the years.

This weekend has been pretty mellow.  Had our work BBQ on Friday night, which was a lot of fun.  And other than a trip to the coffee shop and the farmers' market on Saturday, it was a pretty chill day (aside from a surprise visit from the lawn guy I hired while I was away, who just couldn't stop himself from dropping by to edge my sidewalk).  And today I go to visit Grandma for the first time since I've been back in the country.  Oh, weekends, you fly by way too quickly...

No comments: