21 November 2011

growing: autumn garden



The autumn garden is full of soft colors and decay.  With splashes of bright yellow thrown in (those hostas!).  Along with the first bright bursts at spring, this slow descent of greens into browns and yellows is enchanting.  You see the garden settling down for winter.  Sowing its seeds for a new year and new life ahead.

My father's mother passed away this weekend and I head to be with family this week.  We will be sad, but we'll be together.  And for that I am thankful.  Here's hoping everyone is surrounded by loved ones this Thanksgiving week.

2 comments:

JBR said...

Sorry to hear your sad, bad news. Great photos, text on this post. Thinking of you.

L. said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family this week--I'm so glad I was able to see you!