06 April 2012

rings and things


So I've been sitting on some news since my birthday...  The day began slowly (bread pudding and coffee) and it continued at a leisurely pace throughout the day:  a drive down to Richmond, relaxing on the couch (the beau was fighting a horrid cold), a little True Blood viewing, and a lovely dinner out at Selba (a dinner where I wore a dress & he a suit coat - my birthday request).

On our way to dinner we took a slight detour.  To the Carillon in Byrd Park.  Where we first met last May.  Where the beau now led me, holding my hand.  And then he got down on one knee.  And said marry me.

And I said yes.

Forgive my silence until now, but we've been slowly telling family and close friends and just relishing in calling each other "fiance" and "fiancee."  But now we're ready to sing the news out to the world.  I couldn't be happier.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still gives me goose bumps! Mazal Tov!

A. said...

This is wonderful, G. Can't wait to hear all the details of the planning to come!

T. said...

Love it! I might be a little teary :-)

L. said...

Yay--I'm so happy for both of you, especially now that the news is out! :D Such a lovely engagement story, too!

JBR said...

Huzzah! Many best wishes to each of you. (Nearby Japanese garden at Maymont one of my favorite places in town - have you been?)

Gretchen said...

Thank you all so much for your notes of congratulations (feeling warm and fuzzy).

JBR - Maymont and the Japanese Garden in particular are on our short-list. Just waiting to do a site visit. Love!

Janet said...

Yay! Hooray! (I was wondering. . .)