11 April 2012

spring break

 

My mother came to spend some time with me over her spring break (she works at a school) and we did what we do best:  a little shopping and a little wining & dining.  One of our favorite jaunts in the Fredericksburg area has grown to be Potomac Point Winery for their bistro (and wine and olive oil tastings).  We ate inside on this last visit since it was a little bit nippy outside, but soups and salads and glasses of viognier were just what the doctor ordered.  And then we split dessert:  mocha creme brulee.  Oh my.

For Easter Sunday, I spent time with the beau (or the fiance, technically!).  We attended Easter services at his church and had dinner with his family.  In the middle of those two events he took me to my first Easter Parade along Monument Avenue in Richmond.  We wore hats and held hands as we strolled up and down the avenue.

And now the work week is here again, which always seems like such a letdown.  My mother has left (leaving an Easter basket of chocolate & bath salts behind) and the beau is doing his thing an hour away.  Oh weekend, why do you fly by so quickly?

3 comments:

Frau S said...

Cute shoes!

L. said...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to see a photo of your Easter hat--I'm sure it's fabulous! :D

Gretchen said...

Thanks, Frau S. They were a result of my shopping trips with mom :)

And L., it was just a brown straw with brown bow this time. Nothing too fabulous! Thought the aqua skirt & sweater were enough color. But next year...