18 January 2009

Frozen. For real.

Well, the past 24 hours has been interesting to say the least. I awoke Saturday morning to frozen water pipes. I have a feeling my house isn't used to temperatures this low (I know I'm not). My cute little cement block house with hearts on the shutters also has a cute little crawl space underneath that obviously is not well insulated. And that's where all the water pipes run. In the wide open. No insulation wrapped around them. I know. I crawled in there and looked.

After hours of blasting the heat, opening all cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, and space heaters strategically placed, I have running water (both hot and cold). Now all the faucets are on a trickle to keep water flowing and I just have to wait around all day for the plumbers to come and crawl around underneath my house to make sure nothing is leaking. Think my landlord could invest in some insulation?

1 comment:

M said...

Oh that's terrible!! If it happens again you're more than welcome to come use my hot water!