30 December 2009

coming home

Back to reality. Well, not quite yet I guess. But back home at least and ready to get my gifts unpacked, thank you notes written, and laundry done. After six days away, I must admit that it is good to be back home. Although I do miss the coffee being hot and ready in the mornings without having to lift a finger. And I got to see some old friends while I was visiting as well. Always a joy.

I love the architecture and landscape of the rolling hills around Frederick, Maryland where I grew up. The grain elevators, the open fields, the old stone farmhouses and bank barns. Beautiful lush landscapes alongside industrial buildings. Aesthetically inspiring.

2 comments:

A. said...

Next time you visit your parents we should have lunch. Maybe at Volt - I haven't been yet. Happy New Year!

Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists said...

I just noticed you're reading "The Historian". I loved that book!