26 March 2010

growing: a sprouting peony

It's finally Friday. Whew. I worked like a maniac last night when I got home from work to get the house somewhat presentable for house guests (yes, my parents count). Vacuuming, scrubbing the tub, cleaning the kitchen. Not immaculate, but certainly presentable. It'll just have to do.

I am a total sucker for cleaning products. It is my weakness. The latest obsessive purchase: Mrs. Meyer's wipes (I'm trying the geranium scent right now that I picked up for $2.99 at Home Goods). Now, normally I try to use washable microfiber cleaning cloths or old dish rags for household cleaning, but when you are in a rush and need just a quick wipe, good to have a relatively eco-friendly (and cruelty-free) alternative. And it smells yummy.

The last in this week's garden update: the peony. I'm a little unsure about the peony this year. I think I have it planted too deep (I have read that peonies like to sit slightly above ground-level). But with sprouts forming, it might be a little too late for adjustments now. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I have blooms this year. Oh, how I love a lush, pink peony.

4 comments:

tamilyn said...

I love our peony bushes. We abuse the heck out of them and they just keep coming back every year. I miss having an office job because I would bring them in and sit on my desk every summer and customers would always comment on how pretty they were. Now I just put them on my counter and have made up conversations :)

Stephany S. said...

I was JUST talking to your mom about Mrs Meyers at work last week! I have the basil scent for my kitchen, geranium for my bathroom and lavender for my bedrooms... :) How do you like the wipes? I just use the all purpose spray and a rag for now -but have been looking at the wipes forever...

Gretchen said...

Tamilyn - glad to hear peonies can take a little abuse!

Stephany - the wipes are nice and sturdy - you should try them out. I have another pack of wipes in the basil scent and will have to try them in the kitchen soon.

Janet said...

All these little discoveries are wonderful!