08 May 2010

growing: overnight

Greatly enjoyed my 'day off' yesterday - mowed the lawn, laid mulch, watched the Barefoot Contessa, ran errands, had happy hour with a coworker, went to bed early. Great kind of day. Didn't even get in my car (even better). I'm now up getting ready for a quick pop to the farmers' market and then a trip up to Alexandria to see my grandmother for her 88th! birthday. Plus spend some time with my mother, who is coming down for the birthday outing/Mother's Day. Promises to be a nice weekend.

After I put the coffee on this morning, I did my normal pop out into the garden to 'inspect'. And POW! the peony has popped overnight. Three blooms in their bright fuchsia and lime green glory. I had forgotten what this peony looked like since it sadly didn't bloom last year and only had one or two blooms the year before. I took lots of pictures to help my memory a bit next time.

2 comments:

M said...

So pretty! I'm glad to peony made it this year! Hope you had a good time with your mom's...

Lydia said...

Hi Gretchen, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!