12 January 2011

lunch: guacamole, carrots, and bubbly water

I work from home one day a week. During the 2010 fall semester, this was also the day I taught class and had office hours, which really changed my work-from-home dynamic. Now I am back to normal which includes starting my work day in my slippers around 7am, lunching mid-day, and then chugging through until early evening. I generally get more done at home (mainly reading and writing) than I ever hope to get through when actually in the office, which I know is the key reason so many companies now allow telecommuting - productivity is higher.

Besides the productivity and the ability to work in my slippers, I mostly enjoy the fact that I get to fix lunch in a real kitchen. Today it was carrots and tortilla chips and homemade guacamole. Add a big glass of bubbly water and part of a Top Chef rerun during the lunch break and I was in heaven.

Wish all days could be like this, but alas, can't move the entire museum collection to my living room. It just wouldn't fit.

4 comments:

L. said...

Mmmm, sounds heavenly!

Frau S said...

TV and a nice meal sounds great while working!
So, I have nominated you for an award/chain letter thingy on my blog. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 19th Wife... Kelley

pve design said...

I work from home and I am thankful for it. It does require disicpline and a schedule but I do not miss commuting, or having to dress to impress.
I love lunching at home too.
pve

Anonymous said...

oooh, Top Chef! Am enjoying this season. Really, anytime Fabio is on. :)