03 March 2011

happy, part 1

When I arrived home from my recent trip, I was so excited to find that the forsythia that I stuck in the new vase had blossomed while I was gone. What a pleasant homecoming. I am a springtime baby and forsythia has always been a favorite of mine. Such cheery yellow flowers to greet you when you walk in the door.

I have a quote from Edith Wharton (torn out of an issue of Real Simple) posted on the bedroom mirror and I've been reading it every morning to put me in the right mindset for the day:

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

2 comments:

L. said...

So pretty! Makes me want to go outside and find some branches of my own!

Jessi said...

pretty! I cam not keep plants alive!