07 March 2012

just when...


Just when I was fooled into thinking springtime was here to stay...we got a snowstorm.  Just a few inches, and quite enjoyable when viewed coming down on the wooded ravine outside my office window.

Another work trip had me utterly exhausted last week and the weekend was a great break.  A road trip to Maryland for my mother's and my combined March birthday extravaganza:  lunch at The Orchard in Frederick, shopping at Emporium for various antiquey thingamabobs, and a family dinner complete with ice cream cake from Hoffman's.  It was pretty perfect.

But now we are back to work and now my grandmother is in the hospital with a lung infection.  At nearly 90 years old, I guess this isn't a kidding matter.  So am thinking of my mother as she keeps Grandma company and tries to get some more information.

1 comment:

L. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma--I hope she has a speedy recovery.