14 May 2012

mother's day weekend


Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  I spent a lovely weekend with my own mother - we met up in Alexandria, Virginia on Saturday and did a little shopping (dresses at the new Old Town Anthropologie), had pedicures, and then some Thai Tigers (vodka, lemongrass, ginger, chili peppers) and dinner.  Sunday we did some crafting on my save-the-dates, had brunch with Grandma and Mom's friend Melissa, and then some more shopping.  We were utterly exhausted by the end of the weekend, but for good reasons.

The garden has been getting a little rain and looks green and lush.  I spent a few hours last weekend pulling weeds and generally tidying up a bit.  The Chinese lanterns are popping up all over, since I let them drop their blooms and self-seed.  I've potted three of them for myself, but have more that I can pot and gift for others' gardens.  They are so pretty when their white flowers bloom into bright orange 'paper' lanterns.

2 comments:

M said...

So, does this mean venue and date for The Big Day have been set? Can't wait to hear!

L. said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend--I can't wait to see what your garden produces! (I always love your paper lanterns!)